Thursday, May 14, 2009

New Quilt

I have started a baby quilt for my friend Allison's newborn - Blake. I am using my alltime favorite childrens fabric - Homestead. It has cute little sheep all over it! And I seem to prefer darker colors like the drk blue back ground. I just like everything about it. Check it out:

So, you have to be a special little baby to get a quilt with my favorite fabric in it! I really like to hoard it! But it doesn't keep anyone warm sitting on a shelf!
Here is the quilt top. Its made out of 4 log cabin squares:

The picture showing the blocks is a little uneven, but they are cute blocks. So I put the four blocks together, and put the sheep all on the inside so I could use more sheep fabric as the border. I got two of the border strips on and I'm not sure if I want to put on the other two strips to make it go all the way around. I think it looks kinda cute the way it is. What do you think? Leave it, or make the border go all the way around? Now I just have to decide how I want to quilt it... something boyish. Maybe little dragonflies all over it? I love the idea that Amanda Jean thought up over at crazymomquilts.blogspot.com - she hid a quilted heart in the quilting of each of her boy's new quilts. We shall see...

1 comment: