Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Package Number Two

Yeah! Package number two arrived in the mail. I got some awesome fabrics, again! yeah! I particularly love the red one.




In other news... I have been sewing like a mad woman. I got the top done to my Old red barn quilt along. But I shouldn't say it's done, because I feel like it's missing something, I haven't decided yet.



I also started a project for my cousin, that I am hopefully going to complete by this weekend.



Oh yes, and my skirt. I've worn it twice already... there will definately be more of these in the future!



And as far as packages go, I can't help but brag: I helped deliver a baby in the back of an ambulance early Tuesday morning! I am an EMT with the local fire department, and I finally got the call I had been waiting for! It really was the most exciting thing. I felt bad for the mom though, I can't imagine what it's like to deliver in the back of an ambulance. Nope... that's definately not for me. I was in the hospital and highly drugged when I delivered both my boys. And as much as I try to buy organic and natural things for my children to eat, I will admit, "natural" child birth has no appeal to me whatsoever, and my children are born under the influence of drugs. That's just how it is. We all compromise somewhere don't we? =)

And my challenge:
I broke down day before yesterday. I had a bad day at the allergy center with my son. I drove an hour to get there, and then waited in the waiting room for an hour only for the doctor to ask me if my son had any promblems recently. Seriously?! So being as I was just down the street from a favorite shopping place of mine: Lexington Co-Op; I decided some shopping would make me feel better. So into the cart went these infractions: Boylan's Rootbeer (if you haven't had it, you haven't had real root beer); fresh Ciabatta bread; fair trade breakfast blend whole bean coffee 3/4lb; a freshly baked blueberry scone, chocolate chip cookie, and cherry chocolate cookie. Everything else I bought I feel were okay groceries and needed dry goods (fruit, wipes, etc.) *Sigh* But I'm back on the straight and narrow... I swear it!

I have learned a trick to keep me from buying fabric though: I shop online - put all sorts of stuff I want into my 'cart' and then I don't check out. I tell myself when my month is over, I will wean my carts and then purchase only what I truly and really need...want...need...want...

No comments:

Post a Comment