Wednesday, July 29, 2009

So sorry...

I am still computer-less. Join me on another computer rampage...
Remeber my last rampage? About the process of buying a computer? Now here's my new one about replacing a computer...
First, I called my insurance agent. Who told me to take it to a "computer place" and make sure it was ruined. (Because clearly, I am an idiot, and can't tell when my computer no longer functions at all...)
The first place I take it wants $45 to look at it... not to fix it... to decide if it needs fixed. (Which, as I have already pointed out... I know it cannot be...) So I leave that place...

I find... perfect computer guy in cuba (that is cuba, ny; not cuba the country...) who will give me a free estimate and mail me a paper estimate to give to my insurance agent right away, so I don't even have to wait till I can manage to get back down to cuba... That was three weeks ago... And he has supposedly mailed me two estimates... wonder if when I get down there to pick up my dead laptop, if he'll tell me he mailed that too... seems likely doesn't it??

So now I am off to call my insurance agent, plead my case, and hopefully end up with a check in a few weeks in order to buy new computer...



No comments:

Post a Comment