Tuesday, January 5, 2010

WIPS

Here are some pictures of what I have been working on:

I am not sure how my two yarn projects are going to turn out. I think that the green one is going ot end up with my desired look of a country/cabin throw. The blue one however, I am now convinced is the wrong color, thickness of yarn, and, well, it's just not making me giddy.

This is one of my first tries at applique. I did some raw edge applique on my machine over the summer, but was looking to do something nicer with this sweet black blendables fabric I had. And the green leaves and pink berries looked sooooo awesome when I layed it out. However, I am not sure how to proceed with my berries - they seem too small to fold their edges under, we shall see. That part is going to have to wait until my kids are at the sitters on Friday.

And this is a quilt I have been working on for one of my friends who just had a baby boy. I want to put a blue star in the middle square here shortly. It's taking a little longer because I am hand quilting it but I had better hurry up or the kid is gunna be 5 by the time it's done!!

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment: