Thursday, March 11, 2010

Ponderings...

I've recently been trying to be more content. A song I like says: "Somewhere between contended peace and always wanting more... somewhere in the middle, you'll find me." (Casting Crowns.) I feel that contentment often goes hand in hand with gratefullness. The other night, when I had my cinnamonbun and coffee, it hit me like a ton of bricks. That if I can enjoy something sooo good, late in the eveing, after a day with my kids, and having had 3 other meals, then I am truly blessed. And I should be content. And at that moment I was. It seems though, that for me, contentment comes and goes. Paul said: "For I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content." (Philippians 4:11) Now, if only that statement was followed by a 10 step, in-depth program... Okay, just kidding. But, what is the way to constant contentment? Is it putting forth more effort into be grateful? Is it a combination of things? I feel like I'm getting closer, but then again, I'm still in the middle. And another line of the song I referenced above says: "Just how close can I get Lord, to my surrender, without losing all control??" Perhaps part of the answer lies in that... ultimate surrender to find ultimate contentment... that I know how to do, it's just the doing it that is scary.

*Beth*

1 comment:

  1. Olá, amiga!
    Seu trabalho é muito lindo, criativo e alegre... amei!!!
    Você é muito talentosa... parabéns!
    Um ótimo fim de semana!
    Beijinhos carinhosos.
    Itabira - Brasil

    ReplyDelete