Friday, April 30, 2010

Perfect love casteth out all fear...

So I have recently confessed to a friend that I have an unreasonable fear.


A fear of the dark.


Really.


Now doesn't that feel better? Confession.

I don't really know when or how this fear started, I always remember it being a part of me. And I am trying to keep it from growing, getting worse. Often I have found myself saying, "Perfect love casteth out all fear... Perfect love casteth out all fear..." And I took a look back at that verse and the surrounding verses in my good ol' King James version. The whole verse is: "There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out all fear: cause fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love." And the surrounding verses continually point to the fact that God is love.

So here's my point. That perhaps, if I continually draw closer to God and His love. And allow Him to love me, my fears will get in check. Perhaps I will be able to conquer them, with the love of God.

So here's to experiencing the love of God. Stronger. Better. More of Him, and less of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment