Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Been outside...

We have been staying super busy here in our small town. My little two year old turned three.
Where did those years go?
My little pumpkin! 3?!?

As you can see in the above picture, Grandma and Grandpa got him a fire hose attachement for the lawn hose. He L.O.V.E.S. it! (Thankfully little brother can use it too, so it's all fair!) See the rainbow right behind Ben?? Cool, huh?
And I have a new look to my back yard. My husband took it upon himself to run electric over to our old silo base in the yard, wire in a light, build a flag pole, and put a flag up. Awesome huh? He actually built the pole from some scrap - welded it, put the attachements on himself, made the rope pulley... crazy! Anyways he did an awesome job. Then, if you look to the left of our sheds- you can see a new picket fence.
It actually isn't new "new". My uncle made it for the garden that Nick and I were married in. Now, it borders one side of my garden.

And here you can see my garden. At least the start of my garden. Nick ran fencing around the other three sides that don't have the picket fence. I have little leaves poking up through the soil more and more every day. So excited to see how much I'll be able to get out of this garden!


That's all for now!

2 comments:

  1. I love your country life, i live vicariously thru your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gardening is so much fun. I loved the first attempts we made at growing vegetables. Some surprises for sure :)

    ReplyDelete