Sunday, March 13, 2011

Spring Fever

I'm not sure that "Spring Fever" is exactly what happened to us.
But the whole family has just gotten over a coughing, oozing, snotty, gross sickness.
And this dreary spring half rain-half snow weather isn't helping.
I have, however, been productive!
I finished quilting this baby quilt:
Feathers going one way, whimsy hearts the other way.Now I just have to put the binding on. It just so happens, that our local quilt shop had a
25% off of everything for 1 hour sale. On the day I was suppose to stay home and clean.
But my husband told me to go, and off I went. Did I get the fabric I needed for the binding?!
Of course not! I got some cute children's carpenter fabric to make "shop aprons" for my little guys. And some cute Thimbleberries fabric that I want to make a skirt out of. (I know, cute and Thimbleberries really don't go together, but it's true! And I got it for $4.99/yd!)

Anyways, I've also been makeing some more tags for my etsy shop.
These ones would be great for kids birthday party invite or thank you notes.
Aren't they cute?!

Last night, I couldn't keep my littlest guy happy, so I enticed him with a sewing project.
I don't sew clothes. (Other than the one style of skirt I can make.) But I heard, you could
Trace a pair of kids pants and sew some new ones up fast. And, it was true.
Two new jammie pants for the boys! (Please ignore the mess on the floor in the background of the pictures.)
The last thing is, this lady wanted one of those cool baby carriers that hold the baby snuggly to you. But I was resistant to pay $50 for one, when I realized they were just a long piece of knit fabric that came with "wrapping" instructions. So I scoured JoAnn's clearance racks, found a lovely grey spandex-knit, and made a carrier. Of course, little Benny wanted one too. So he got one:

That's a wrap for whats been going on here!
What have you been up to?








No comments:

Post a Comment