Saturday, May 28, 2011

Baby Havilah

Where does one begin?
Well, this is Havilah Grace. She is perfect. Her birth was perfect! I got my wish, I didn't have to fight with the doctors about getting induced, she did finally come on her own and before the doctors had me arrested and brought in for and induction. (Okay, that wasn't really what was going to happen, but I'm pretty sure they were thinking about it. They definately thought I was nuts for deciding *on my own* whether I wanted to be induced or not.)


The hospital and staff we accomodating to my husband and I. The anesthesiologist who gave me my epidural is currently on my "All Time Favorite People" list.
My boys love her sooo much. Although, this one below has stated several times that he really wanted a baby named Chance. But I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be any happier than he is right now!

I didn't have any of the complications that I had with my first two deliveries. (This only makes me more certain that those complications were caused from the pitocin I received for hours on end...)


Some personal thoughts and feelings:

I love how this baby girl has made me feel. I don't know if I felt this way with the boys and have since forgotten, or that I didn't feel it at all... but I am so in awe of my God,the giver of life. That He has blessed me so immensely. I hope I don't loose this sense of awe.


And of nursing, I love that in this fast paced, go-go-go world, nursing still naturally slows us down. Now, I didn't always appreciate this. Especially with the birth of my first son, when I went from working full time and going out all the time - to being at home with an infant. The time it took to nurse made me frustrated... it interrupted everything! Now I treasure it. I use that time more wisely, to talk to my baby, to pray, to relax. It's good.


So, my world has slowed once more. And my boys are getting used to it. Learning to be more patient with everything. Learning to be more gentle. I am learning all over again. Trying to take it easy. I do get frustrated looking at things that need to get done that I didn't get accomplished or won't be able to do for a while. But still, I am so thrilled about how well my labor and delivery went. About how I am feeling so good so much faster than with the recovery from my other deliveries.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your beautiful baby girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Beth! She's beautiful!! Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful gift you have. Cherish your new little girl. You know you think they are going to be small for so long. Enjoy the time you have when they are small...they grow up so fast. And before you know it they will be off to college.

    ReplyDelete