Saturday, May 7, 2011

Spring is Here!

Spring is definately here. We may hit the 70's this week NY! Yeah!
Still waiting for our spring baby to arrive, but I am getting alot done during this waiting time.

Here's a look at some boy-ish gift tags I got made up just recently. Still need to throw some ties onto them and they'll be all set!

I also managed to finish this quilt top that's been in the works for a while. I slowly made up a bunch of those four piece squares with a whole bunch of pink fabrics from my stash. I threw in some Kona Muslin white and this is what I got. Now just to purchase some kona muslin for the back and some batting!

I am trying to beef up my home-made stock, and looking to do a few craft shows this summer. I'd like to finish up some quilts, hand bags, gift tags, and other things and have a great variety. Then to get my husband to help me build a cool looking booth that would be easy for me to put up and take down...


And how about we say hello to my new favorite fabric! Saw this sweet panel at my LQS and walked away... that's right... didn't buy it. It was only about a week later that I drove back to the store and picked it up 'cause I couldn't get my mind off it! Love it! Love the potential! Right now, I just have a few squares cut out and layered. I'm hand quilting around the pattern and plan on doing some neat bags with them. I'm also thinking they'd make an awesome apron pocket... I am secretly planning on going and grabbing at least 2 more panels of this stuff (6 different star patterns on each panel) and making a quilt.



I'm not sure what it is that grabs me about this fabric, but I'm in love, and may be for a long time.

So that's it.

I have done some projects, and our living room is finally complete!

Another post on that soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment